Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Fiat Men

I don't expect this blog to last a week. Let me just get that out in the open. I've started a number of blogs. They all stunk. Seriously. They get like 2 non-committed followers who drop off the face of the planet. I always feel the need to be structured. So whenever I run out of steam from over-extending myself, with no visible fruits, I more or less give up on the whole blog thing. This time, though, I don't even think it's a good idea. I'm blogging because a couple years ago, I went to go see Jim Carrey in Yes Man, which was an overall decent film, and caught some footage from my native Nebraska (w00t!).




My wife and I saw it at the cheap show in Omaha while visiting my parents. There was a horrible screeching through the whole movie, but it was a great flick, so we stayed. We watched it because there was nothing else to do. It was Spring break and 7*F outside. Not kidding.

Some months ago, I thought it would be cool if someone Christianized it: how about a movement of men who always strive to say "fiat" ("so be it, let it be, etc") to God, no matter what? Then I put it on the back burner, thinking I could never start such a movement. Nonetheless, this evening I felt an urge to do it. So I don't expect this thing to last a week, and certainly not a month, but if it does, maybe its the first fruit of this newfound struggle of mine to submit always to God's will.

Pax,

Micah

PS - If I can avoid looking anything like Jim Carrey running through a field of flowers, I would love that.

1 comment:

  1. Micah I joke around with you a lot in facebook, but I want you to know how much I admire your faith journey and willingness to make yourself vulnerable through this blog. I know I fail so often to really put in the effort to live the truth of the gospel that we have been given. Thank you for your willingness to put out into the deep my friend!

    ReplyDelete